Terms and Conditions
1. To reserve the “property” of your choice the client should advise us by telephone on 01271 889379 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then hold the property for seven days during which time the client should send the completed and signed Booking Form together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30 % of the total rent due). Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer. To pay by bank transfer, please email for bank details. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/email a confirmation receipt to you. This is a formal acceptance of the booking. Please note that if you cancel your holiday you are still responsible for paying the full rental fee. It is recommended that you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
2. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 residents in (Nutcombe Cottage) 4 residents (The Cider House) or 6 residents (Nutcombe Barn) unless the owner has given written permission. If the client should wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form they should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will be allowed at our discretion.
3. A cheque or bank transfer for the balance should be received by us not later than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to do this may be regarded by us as a cancellation by you of your holiday. We therefore reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by this date. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 1 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
5. In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majored to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing: failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
THE RENTAL PERIOD
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. We should be grateful if you would state your anticipated arrival time when returning the balance of your payment. Saturday change over day.
7. The owners maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times. The client undertakes to leave the cottage, its fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
8. All properties and buildings at Nutcombe are strictly NON SMOKING.
9. Care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds.
10. All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owners agreement).
11. You will not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to fellow holiday makers, or neighbours of adjoining premises or land. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
12. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
- For any loss or theft of property belonging to the client or other people under his or her responsibility;
- For any death or injury to the client or people under his or her responsibility.
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of electricity, gas, oil, water, TV, telephones, radio reception.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is a result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 28days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. Only those dogs mentioned on the booking form may be brought and they must be kept under strict control on leads at all times. Dogs must not be allowed on the furniture or left unattended in the property or grounds at any time. Any dog waste should be picked up and placed in bags which can then be put in the dog waste bin provided on site. Please supply your own towels for drying your dog. Please do not use those provided. Please note £25.00 charge for dogs.
14. Sheets and bedcovers are supplied. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Saturday.
15. All items of household linen are strictly reserved for indoor use only.
16. Please note that there is ample parking in the car park which is located close to both properties. You are however requested to advise the number of spaces required on the booking form.
ELECTRICITY & HEATING
17. All properties have oil fired central heating throughout. They have electric cookers, fridge- freezer a dishwasher, a microwave, as well as a vacuum cleaner, washer/dryer, an ironing board and iron. Electricity and heating is included in the price.
18. Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
Tourist information brochures, leaflets and guide books are available at the properties together with a Guest Manual containing all the local information and contact numbers you should need.
Nutcombe Farm is situated in a steep sided valley on the edge of Exmoor National Park about one mile from the village of Combe Martin. Once through the gates to Nutcombe Farm there is a smooth drive leading down to the Georgian farmhouse. The road divides into two. The left fork is the slightly steeper access to Nutcombe Cottage, The Cider House and Nutcombe Barn. Close to the accommodation is the guest car park which has parking for several cars.
It is possible to drive close to the buildings to unload your cars before parking in the car park. The floors in the main living areas are English Oak with comfortable rugs. Hallways are mainly slate and bedrooms are either English Oak with rugs or have fitted carpets. All buildings are heated with oil fired boilers with radiators in all rooms.
The entrance is down a double flight of six steps and two risers. The front door leads to the open plan kitchen dining and living room. Stairs lead down to the two bedrooms and double shower room. Both bedrooms have doors leading to the outside slate terrace with three steps down to a lawn area. A small stream and water way runs along the edge of the lawn. There are also original outside stone steps leading from the first floor to the terrace, as these steps could be dangerous we request that the guest do not use them.
The entrance is down a double flight of steps six and two risers. The front door leads to the open plan kitchen dining and living room. Stairs lead down to two bedrooms. Both bedrooms have en-suite facilities. There is a single bedroom with a double shower room, French doors leads out to a slate terrace. The double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower bath. There is a cobbled courtyard with lawn area to the front of the terrace.
The entrance is down one flight of steps with six risers. The front door leads to a large open plan kitchen dining and living room. There is a small hallway with cloak room and WC. Door to the right leads to a double bedroom with a large en-suite shower room. Stairs lead down to two further large double bedrooms one with en-suite shower room the other with en-suite bath/shower room. Both bedrooms have French doors that lead to the slate terrace. Steps lead down to a cobbled court yard.
There is a secret door between the Cider House and Nutcombe Barn linking the upstairs spaces. The two properties can thus be taken together with five en-suite bedrooms sleeping ten in total.